The fortress’s construction was finished in 1880. Being designed for defense it was built with several different levels for friendly troops to move around and enemy troops to be led into killzones.
The military barracks is where the soldiers manning the fort used to sleep and provides the same service nowadays. Dedicated camping spots are available to pitch tents and the fort itself provides additional places to sleep. Primitive toilets and even a shower is available. Keep in mind no running water or electricity. Powerbanks, battery powered lights, and water bottles are recommended.
Fort de la Tete de l’Ours is an unique spot, located at the top of Col des Croix. Because of the remoteness of this area, facilities are limited. Please keep in mind that during your stay:
- Dedicated camping spots are available to pitch tents and the fort itself provides additional places to sleep.
- Primitive toilets are available.
- No running water (no shower)
- No electricity
- No WIFI
- Shop with all consumables
- HPA fill station present
- Varied selection of rental kits (can be upgraded with tactical gear)
- Warm food and cold drinks
- Central campfire-places are in the lounge area
- First Aid
- Battery charging points
- Free parking
- Pay with cash or card/phone
Need anything else? Our crew is available to assist you in any way!
Apart form your gear, we advice you to bring the following items with you:
- Battery powered lights
- Personal hygiene products (no shower available)
- Cash money